How to furnish a small child’s room?
Bedding, furniture, storage and accessories, how to combine functionality and decoration trends? Our tips and tricks for a good design of a small child’s room.
Our design tips for a small children’s room
Furniture to optimize space
The choice of all-in-one or combined furniture makes it easy to optimize space in a small child’s room. Mezzanine bed or bed combined with a child’s desk, cleverly free up floor space for play or storage.
A room in the attic? Optimize the attic space by integrating storage furniture.
Walls also offer many design possibilities: boxes, pockets and wall shelves help de-clutter floor space and children’s furniture.
Functional storage and practical arrangements
Today’s children’s furniture can cleverly hide lots of storage space while providing a soft atmosphere for learning and playing.
- Optimize the night space with integrated and adapted storage; trundle bed, with drawers or dedicated compartment under the bed;
- Integrate a desk in an optimal way, between two cupboards or in the extension of a bookcase;
- Create a modular work space, with the drawer units serving as a support, table or folding tray;
- Occupy all the available walls of the room with wall shelves or coat hooks (bed head, door lintel, corners…);
- Favour the height by choosing cupboards rather than chests of drawers.
10 tips to decorate a small children’s room
- Let yourself be seduced by the pretty boxes to be piled on top of each other, the storage baskets or the wooden boxes with wheels to store toys or books;
- A raised bed will allow you to slide easily; rattan baskets, vintage trunks or other storage boxes;
- Multifunctional stools with built-in storage space under the seat will make your daily life easier;
- Combination beds, cabins or teepees will turn the sleeping area into a real playground;
- Turn every corner of the room into a closet or mini-dressing room;
- Optimize the night space by integrating storage (bed with drawer, shelf at the head of the bed or chest at the end of the bed);
- The mobile or modular desks will adapt perfectly to the desires of the moment;
- The friezes and wall decorations allow you to cleverly delimit the different spaces, night, game, work… ;
- Adopt a large vintage mirror to give depth and enlarge the room;
- Use window sills to maximize space and wall organizers to store accessories and decorate.